How can you stay more productive while on the road this holiday season, even if you don’t consider yourself a technology expert? It’s a great question, and one we’re proud to have teamed up with our friends at Hyatt Place to answer as part of its Seamless Travel Series. If you’re a road warrior hoping to stay up to speed, take a look at the following video from an appearance on The Daily Buzz TV show in which we provide some handy hints, tips and expert advice, as well as suggestions about the latest and greatest new gadgets and apps, that can help high-tech travelers stay ahead of the curve.
Also, a few simple ideas to keep in mind right from the get-go:
- Get connected to cloud computing services so you can share your desktop and files online virtually anytime, anywhere you travel from nearly any device
- Pack extra batteries, recharging energy cases, and long-lasting laptops along on your travels so you don’t have to worry about your plans short-circuiting last-minute
- Grab apps that can help you manage your flight schedules, reservations, and appointments on the fly
- Book a hotel that with lots of amenities – for example, Hyatt Place doesn’t just offer WiFi… it offers free, dependable, high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel, as well as in-room USB ports and lots of comfortable workspaces if you need them. If you forget your phone charger, you can also grab a loaner unit from its Odds & Ends program.
- Pack multi-purpose gizmos like eReaders that let you run apps that let you perform all sorts of functions for work and play, so you only have to cram one gadget into your carry-on – that way, you can stay productive or access music, movies and games to unwind with right from the same screen.
As you can see, technology can make life much simpler and more seamless for today’s traveler. All it takes to get synced up these days? A few minutes of your time, which high-tech solutions can help you get back 10X over with little effort – call them the holiday gift that keeps on giving.